A startup business is an exciting endeavor full of promising dreams and opportunities. In today’s world, almost all businesses entail a website that promotes their product and attracts customers. Once the creation of a website is finalized and all implementations that gain a site exposure are in place, a good way to keep SEO high and bring in more daily traffic is in the content.
According to the Content Marketing Institute, “content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience – and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
Traditionally, promoting a business entailed an advertising campaign. We are all familiar with banners and pop-ups and even the ads that are thrust upon us prior to a video on YouTube. More often than not, advertisements are overlooked, skipped, and even blocked. Thus, their effectiveness isn’t a strong plug for businesses and may even deter customers from them. That is where content marketing comes into play. It is an effective tool that, if done right, can attract a steadily growing consumer base.
Content marketing comes in all colors, shapes, and sizes. Below, are the top choices in attracting customers to your brand:
- Blogs – top blogs or articles on your topic market can be found at an excellent site called: www.buzzsumo.com. Another one to try is www.alltop.com. At AllTop, you can sign up for free and find all the latest blogs per day that have been published in a particular market.
- Podcasts – to research podcasts geared towards a specific business, a reputable site to find them at is: www.listennotes.com.
- Social media
- Video – finding YouTube channels that are in your niche can easily be located at this site: www.channelcrawler.com. It is helpful in collecting content to share with your consumers or write about as soon as they come out.
- Visual – branding a business using eye-catching images
With a good understanding of your consumer demographics, marketing content that shines brightest among all others will gain attention. Some things to consider:
- What do your customers need?
- How can you help meet that need?
- What problems can you solve?
- What appeals to your customers?
- What separates your business from competitors?
- Why should customers keep coming back?
- What are their interests?
- What can they learn from you?
- What are hot topics in your field?
A final content marketing strategy, which is a separate entity of its own, is to target influencers in your industry. An influencer is someone with a lot of clout and authority in a specific niche. They have a massive following and are the credible ones who direct their audiences away from or towards a particular business/product.
In a nutshell, there are multiple ways to engage and attract customers using content marketing. It is a more affordable and effective approach towards building your empire. It takes time, patience, and the determination to keep pushing ahead through the good times and the bad. However, the day will come when one day you see how far your startup has progressed and realize, “I did it!”